Pretty and Rich
Pretty little rich Zurich is a serene city with a picturesque location by Lake Zurich. As an international financial center,
it is also known as a great shopping destination (if you can afford it) and has a growing and vibrant party scene.
It is also very well groomed, with clean, elegant streets inviting for a stroll and a prolonged stay. You can see most of the city
by walking through its pedestrianised medieval center, admiring well-preserved houses and church spires. Follow that with a cruise on
Lake Zurich and a drink at one of the cafes that fill the cobblestone streets.
Top 10 Sights and Attractions
- Shopping down BAHNHOFSTRASSE, one of the world's most exclusive streets.
- The old masters and modern art inside the Kunsthaus Museum.
- Switzerland's cultural history in the Swiss National Museum.
- The landmark GROSSMÜNSTER CHURCH.
- The modern stained glass windows in the ancient FRAUMUNSTER CHURCH.
- ST. PETER'S CHURCH and its tower clock, the largest church clock in the world.
- A cruise down LAKE ZURICH.
- The collection of Asian and African art in the Museum Rietberg.
- A stroll down the LIMMATQUAI promenade.
- A daytrip to the natural wonders of Switzerland.
Look for the hotel or hostel that best matches your budget, type of trip or personality. Here you can guarantee a room but you do NOT pay anything at the time of booking. Payments are only made at the hotel and there are no booking fees.
Most hotels allow cancellations with no penalty if done up to 24 or 48 hours in advance. You'll see that information at the time of booking and again in the confirmation email.
What you end up eating in a Zurich restaurant depends on its age. You'll get a menu listing rich (mostly meat) dishes at the oldest, most
traditional places, while the more recent and trendier restaurants offer lighter meals inspired by the various cuisines of the world.
New or well-established, Zurich restaurants do have something in common -- they are not exactly cheap but what you'll find on your plate
will generally be quite good.
Shopping is the one true must-do in Zurich. It's home to Bahnhofstrasse which is known as one of the most exclusive streets in the world, and the country's watches and chocolates are world-famous. Almost everything is expensive, but since you'll spend quite some time shopping you'll surely be tempted to get something and may even end up finding a decent deal.
Airport and Transportation